The TRC would like to thank Dr. Ian Collins for his help in collecting various postcards and his help in writing the text.
- COLLINS, Ian (2001). An Illustrated History of the Embroidered Silk Postcard, Radlett: Gabrian Antiques.
- COLLINS, Ian (n.d.). Embroidered silk postcards (website).
- LAFFIN, JOHN (1988). World War 1 in Postcards, Gloucester: Alan Sutton.
- RADLEY, C (1985). The Silk Postcard, Essex: R.F. Postcards (private publication).
- ROEBUCK, Malcolm J. (2000). Stevengraphs Bookmarks and Postcards, etc: World War 1 Postcards. Click here.
- STROBEL, Heino (2012). The Beginnings of Machine Embroidery in Saxony, available here [retrieved 5th July 2017].
Videos showing early hand-embroidery machines in use: