The new list of some of the books recently added to the TRC Library is very varied with respect to languages! It includes items in Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Russian as well as English. This variety is partly due to the fact that the director of the TRC attended a conference on handlooms at the National Silk Museum, Hangzhou, at the end of May 2018. During the course of the conference she was given, as well as purchased, a number of books about looms, textiles, clothing and embroidery. Some of these books are described below.
But the range of languages is also due to the fact that more and more people and indeed publishers are sending books to the TRC. The list reflects this growing interest in ‘real’ books about textiles, clothing and accessories in all their many and varied forms.
The TRC is now also starting to include more and more journals in its library. Thanks to the generosity of Routledge Taylor & Francis, Abingdon, for example, we are being given copies of the academic journal Textile History. We would like to thank the editors and publishers of Textile History for their kindness in this matter.
The following selection of books and journals is highlighted below:
- Textile History: The Journal of the Pasold Research Fund Ltd., Volume 49. No. 1
- Anon (2017). Qian Family’s Wardrobe: Costume Found in the Tomb of Qian Shang (1486-1505) and his Wife
- Altmann, Karin (2016). Fabric of Life: Textile Arts in Bhutan – Culture, Tradition and Transformation
- Boudot, Eric, and Chris Buckley (2015). The Roots of Asian Weaving: The He Haiyan Collection of Textiles and Looms from Southwest China
- Garrett, Rosamund and Matthew Reeves (2018). Late Medieval and Renaissance Textiles
- Gazzola, Gisella Tamagno (2008). Il Mio Bandera
- LLewelyn, Sylvia (2012). Old Buttons
- Musset, Lucien (2005). The Bayeux Tapestry
- Olthof, Dorothee and Martine TEUNISSEN (2018). Beauty en Fashion: De Laatste Trends uit het Oude Rome
- Rappoldt, Ien (2017). Oude Tradities in een Nieuw Jasje: Klederdracht van de Zwarte Dai uit Yunnan in China
- Wronska-Friend, Maria (2016). Batik Jawa Bagi Dunia: Javanese Batik to the World
- Zhou, Feng (2017). Glory on Silk: French Textiles 1700 to the Present